Picking a place for the anti-arrival dinner

Uri Guttman uri at stemsystems.com
Sun Jun 15 21:02:17 PDT 2014

On 06/15/2014 11:41 PM, Dave Rolsky via yapc wrote:
> No one who signed up for the anti-arrival dinner
> (http://www.yapcna.org/yn2014/wiki?node=AntiArrivalDinner) has expressed
> any food preferences on the wiki page, so I think that leaves it up to
> me to pick a place. Cue evil laughter.
>
> If you _do_ have a preference please email me very soon or I will ignore
> your preference and pick based on my own (and based on the ability of
> the venue to accomodate 13+ people).

meet the new boss, same as the old boss!

i noticed the anti-arrival dinner now has about 13 signups but the
arrival dinner has only 6 (i haven't even signed up). that makes the
anti-arrival into the larger crowded event. since it is stated that it
is for those who don't want "crappy food that restaurants that can
handle huge crowds serve?" i expect you to go into the infinite loop
that blows up computers on star trek and other old scifi shows.

it also shows that without some organizing effort, something like the
arrival dinner won't happen. florida happens to be where (at yapc::boca)
i pulled together an impromptu arrival dinner at a nearby all you can
eat sushi place. about 70 came en-mass there from the main hotel lobby.
i am not anticipating that happening this time. in fact i don't know
what i will be doing sunday night yet.

:)

Uri Guttman - The Perl Hunter
The Best Perl Jobs, The Best Perl Hackers
http://PerlHunter.com