local eating

Uri Guttman uri at stemsystems.com
Fri Jun 6 11:51:05 PDT 2014

hi all,

in doing work for my jobs bof (have you signed up yet??), i was looking
for places nearby for quick meals as the bof will be held during
lunchtime. the doubletree has a main restaurant but it may be too pricy
or not private enough for 10+ people to chat. anyhow, i called them and
someone told me there is a very good sandwich/deli place across the
street called the ny deli. i looked for it and it was several blocks
away. now i that i am booked at the marriott courtyard (2 blocks) away,
i went to that hotel site and found a dining link. they pointed me to
http://www.virginolivemarket.com/ which IS right there and is probably
what he meant. the menu looks great BUT they just CLOSED in early may!!

something we will all need are nearby places to have lunch and i don't
see anything right near the hotel. a few blocks south is a commercial
street with many more options.

maybe we can do the bof at the courtyard which serves lunch and might be
a cheaper and quieter place than the doubletree. any thoughts on that?
if we could group order some delivery to the hotel to a bof room that
could work too. ideas?

thanx,

Uri Guttman - The Perl Hunter
The Best Perl Jobs, The Best Perl Hackers
http://PerlHunter.com