job talk/symposium

Uri Guttman uri at stemsystems.com
Sat Apr 26 19:59:47 PDT 2014

On 03/11/2014 09:29 AM, Ya'akov Sloman wrote:
> Unfortunately, I have been dealing with power-outage-related disasters at work.  Recovering a critical array and standing up replacement services.  Until that's clear volunteer activities are on the back burner.
>
> I will get back to it ASAP though.

hi yaakov,

hopefully your power outages haven't lasted the last 6 weeks since we
left this thread. any news on the symposium or is it too late to get it
on the schedule? regardless of that happening, i will run a perl jobs
bof again. it is more informal and last year we shared a lot of job
stories and such. hard to do that sort of thing in an organized
symposium. also the first time i help the bof in yapc::madison we had
about 10 attendees at a nearby bratwurst pub. last year in austin we had
over 20 attendees in the cafeteria. i would like to find a place to hold
it this year with enough room and more quiet. maybe it can be held after
5pm in one of the rooms used for talks? who/what/where would this be
reserved? we lucked out last year with a much longer lunch period that
day and we used up the whole time (like 90 minutes) as we had plenty of
stories and i had plenty of ideas to share.

thanx,

Uri Guttman - The Perl Hunter
The Best Perl Jobs, The Best Perl Hackers
http://PerlHunter.com