Participation of non-attendees

Todd Rinaldo toddr at cpanel.net
Fri May 31 04:01:19 PDT 2013

On May 31, 2013, at 3:06 AM, Buddy Burden <barefootcoder at gmail.com> wrote:

> My son will be coming along, mainly just to see Austin.  I doubt he will be interested in seeing any of the talks, but he may want to tag along with me, and I assume he'll want to come to the talk I'm giving just to see how it goes for me (and possibly to heckle me if given half a chance).  I know people have brought spouses and/or children before, but I've never inquired how that works.  What's the policy for non-attendees in the conference itself?

Buddy,

Paying for your badge is about contributing to the cost of the space, the wifi, etc needed to run the conference so the conference can bring the value to you. If your son is just coming along to see your talk, I don't really see that he's getting any conference value per-se, so no, I don't see that he would need to pay for a badge.

Todd