Austin AC avg thermostat settings?

Tim Lord timothylord at gmail.com
Thu May 30 06:08:26 PDT 2013

I was a student (long ago) at UT Austin; if things now are like they were
then, a sweatshirt / windbreaker / long-sleeved shirt is a handy thing to
have in nearly any air conditioned building. You can unbutton or remove an
outer layer if you're warm enough, but you can't put one on if you don't
have it.

This is true not just on campus, but in many other places (theaters,
museums, restaurants), in that many places err on the side of freezing. I
don't personally mind this -- so long as I have remembered a protective
layer. It's the transition and contrast that can be jarring, even when I
like the indoor temperature just fine otherwise.