my movie choices

Uri Guttman uri at stemsystems.com
Sat May 25 09:57:31 PDT 2013

hi all,

having scanned dha's limited catalog :), here are my choices for the
first flick. i will leave it to the bad movie lovers to choose the
double feature. reply to the list with just the movie or two you want
(edit out the rest). somehow we will tally up the votes.

these are in alphabetical order except for the first one which is an all
time fave of mine. i am skipping all the tv series with a few notable
exceptions.

the president's analyst. with james coburn and godfrey cambridge. a
brilliant satire on spies, government, politics, communications, hippies
and more. the most amazing and geeky villain ever. and what is craziest,
the goal of the villain is actually on some drawing boards today!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062153/?ref_=sr_5
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/presidents_analyst/

annie hall. woody allen's best. won best picture, director, actress
(diane keaton) and screenplay.

batman begins

(what about last year's batman? i haven't seen it)

big bang theory (a very geeky exception to my no tv series rule :). one
episode between flicks could be fun.

blazing saddles. mel brooks just farting around.
young frankenstein. funny, scary and geeky!

brazil

the court jester. a great danny kaye flick. some of the funniest dialog
ever (the pellet with the poison is in the vessel with the pestle).
basil rathbone is the villain and has a funny but quality swordfight
scene with kaye. angela lansbury is also nasty here. geeks like this
flick and so does my wife.

earnie kovacs. another tv exception. too forgotten and an early genius
on tv. maybe one episode between the two main movies?

from russia with love. 2nd bond flick with connery. my fave still. few
gimmicks but plenty of realistic action. robert shaw is one of the best
bond enemies ever.

ghostbusters

gumball rally. great comedy race across the country.

i was a male war bride. hysterical cary grant movie. he is in horrible
drag at the end.

klute. jane fonda won the oscar for this hooker role in a great
thriller. donald sutherland is the hick detective

my favorite year. peter o'toole romps through a sid cesar like show in
the 50's. classic comedy about a classic comedy.

north by northwest. great hitchcock with cary grant. james mason is a
masterful low key villain. eve marie saint is the femme fatale

notorious. another amazing hitchcock with cary grant, ingrid bergman and
claude raines as the mild mannered villain.

<note: hitchcock said the better the villain, the better the movie. he
was correct!>

princess bride

rocky and bullwinkle. another tv exception. a nice interlude between
shows. full of adult puns and references kids never got.

tampopo. a japanese noodle western. very funny take on food and food
culture by japan's best comedy director - Juzo Itami

this is spinal tap. only movie ever rated 11!

yellow submarine.