movie night status

Deb Nicholson deb at eximiousproductions.com
Fri May 24 07:02:21 PDT 2013

Sleepdealer is a newer but small budget sci-fi film that I can heartily
recommend.
Deb

On Friday, May 24, 2013, Uri Guttman <uri at stemsystems.com> wrote:
> On 05/24/2013 02:38 AM, Reini Urban wrote:
>>
>> On May 24, 2013, at 1:30 AM, Uri Guttman <uri at stemsystems.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> the bad news is the theater we want is the alamo ritz on 6th st. it is
the old classic one everyone means when they say drafthouse. they are
showing the hangover 3 which isn't any good from what everyone says.

>> don't believe the critics. hangover 3 is fun.
>> not as good as hangover 1 of course, but much much better than hangover
2.
>> we just saw it in a sold-out big theatre and everybody had fun.
>> would be fun to see it again.
>>

> i would veto it anyway. such is the power vested in me! :-)
>

>> they have a LOT of old classic and super-weird films on 16mm and 32mm.
>> sci-fi, kungfu, nonsense, sleazy 70ies, ...
>

> that is dave adler's forte. perhaps they should consult with him on that
choice or even both. i just want something with a broader appeal than most
of those wacky flicks. i was thinking of hitchcock like notorious or
vertigo. someone brought up ronin which i like. sleeper is a rare good
sci-fi comedy. we could just fart around and see blazing saddles. hell, the
horror film geeks can share our enjoyment of young frankenstein and its
authentic sparking effects.