movie night status

Uri Guttman uri at stemsystems.com
Thu May 23 23:56:36 PDT 2013

On 05/24/2013 02:38 AM, Reini Urban wrote:
> On May 24, 2013, at 1:30 AM, Uri Guttman <uri at stemsystems.com> wrote:
>> the bad news is the theater we want is the alamo ritz on 6th st. it is the old classic one everyone means when they say drafthouse. they are showing the hangover 3 which isn't any good from what everyone says.
>
> don't believe the critics. hangover 3 is fun.
> not as good as hangover 1 of course, but much much better than hangover 2.
> we just saw it in a sold-out big theatre and everybody had fun.
> would be fun to see it again.

i would veto it anyway. such is the power vested in me! :-)

> they have a LOT of old classic and super-weird films on 16mm and 32mm.
> sci-fi, kungfu, nonsense, sleazy 70ies, ...

that is dave adler's forte. perhaps they should consult with him on that
choice or even both. i just want something with a broader appeal than
most of those wacky flicks. i was thinking of hitchcock like notorious
or vertigo. someone brought up ronin which i like. sleeper is a rare
good sci-fi comedy. we could just fart around and see blazing saddles.
hell, the horror film geeks can share our enjoyment of young
frankenstein and its authentic sparking effects.

thanx,