movie night status

Reini Urban reini.urban at gmail.com
Thu May 23 23:38:00 PDT 2013

On May 24, 2013, at 1:30 AM, Uri Guttman <uri at stemsystems.com> wrote:
> the bad news is the theater we want is the alamo ritz on 6th st. it is the old classic one everyone means when they say drafthouse. they are showing the hangover 3 which isn't any good from what everyone says.

don't believe the critics. hangover 3 is fun.
not as good as hangover 1 of course, but much much better than hangover 2.
we just saw it in a sold-out big theatre and everybody had fun.
would be fun to see it again.

> star trek is showing at another alamo venue and would be more expensive since they charge extra for first run movies.
>
> the alamo ritz has a 72 person theater there. we can sit, eat, drink and talk back to the movies as we will have the whole room.
>
> we also hope to have dave adler do a second feature from his cromulent collection of bad and worse films. the alamo ritz has digital projection so that should highlight the quality cinematography of these fine flicks!
>
> we expect to send out a short list of some classic films. we will have to vote on them quickly as this event is just a week from monday. hard to believe yapc is approaching as it has never been held in early june.

they have a LOT of old classic and super-weird films on 16mm and 32mm.
sci-fi, kungfu, nonsense, sleazy 70ies, ...