movie night status

Uri Guttman uri at stemsystems.com
Thu May 23 23:30:16 PDT 2013

hi all,

here is the lastest poop on the movie night. things are flux but we have
some general plans. and nothing is in stone yet so look at this as an
outline.

first off, i have been joined in this project by the folks at crowd
tilt. they are a perl shop that organizes and manages the money for
events like movie night. they want to help as well as sponsor it. this
will make the evening much more affordable for attendees.

here are the rough ideas. attendees will buy a ticket for $15 via crowd
tilt. that will get them admission and one drink (beer or mixed). food
(which looks interesting from the menu) is on your own tab. our goal is
at least 50 people. crowd tilt will be sponsoring the rest of the
expense. the numbers are variable so it may work with fewer people or
something.

the bad news is the theater we want is the alamo ritz on 6th st. it is
the old classic one everyone means when they say drafthouse. they are
showing the hangover 3 which isn't any good from what everyone says.
star trek is showing at another alamo venue and would be more expensive
since they charge extra for first run movies.

the alamo ritz has a 72 person theater there. we can sit, eat, drink and
talk back to the movies as we will have the whole room.

we also hope to have dave adler do a second feature from his cromulent
collection of bad and worse films. the alamo ritz has digital projection
so that should highlight the quality cinematography of these fine flicks!

we expect to send out a short list of some classic films. we will have
to vote on them quickly as this event is just a week from monday. hard
to believe yapc is approaching as it has never been held in early june.

so chime in with whatever. keep it civil. hold your catcalls for the
actual screening!

thanx,