YAPC::NA::Austin Evening Activities

YAPC NA admin at yapcna.org
Tue May 21 23:14:07 PDT 2013

http://blog.yapcna.org/post/51053578419/yapc-na-austin-evening-activities

We have a full set of evening events to keep you busy while at YAPC in
Austin this year.

Sunday Night:
The night before YAPC, we typically gather for the Arrival Dinner. If
you’re looking for a smaller group of folks, you can slso meet up with
the Anti-Arrival Dinner (Not to be confused with the People’s Front of
Anti-Arrival Dinners.)

http://blog.yapcna.org/post/50501525837/arrival-dinner-at-the-hula-hut
http://www.yapcna.org/yn2013/wiki?node=AntiArrivalDinner

Monday Night

We’re hosting a VIP meet-and-greet mixer in the LBJ Lobby after
lightning talks on Monday. VIP stands for “Very Important to Perl”,
and refers to the new attendees. The focus of the event is to honor
and welcome first time attendees. Everyone is invited.

We are encouraging attendees to Create or Join a B.O.F. Dinner,
suggested to be held Monday evening after the VIP mixer. This is your
chance to get to know a small group of Perl-ers in an informal dinner
setting, around a common interest or theme, that doesn’t necessarily
have anything to do with Perl.

http://www.yapcna.org/yn2013/wiki?node=DinnerBOFNight

Tuesday Night

We’re bringing back a favorite from last year: Game Night. This year,
we’re combining it with the YAPC Banquet..

After the lightning talks, buses will take you down to The Stage on
Sixth, a venue on Austin’s Sixth Street, which we’ve fully reserved
for this night. Dinner will be served buffet-style from The Salt Lick
BBQ, served outside. Please let us know if you need the vegan option
so we can ensure we have enough food for all.

Dinner transitions into Game Night, which is designed by you. Be sure
to update the wiki with any games you’d like to bring or join an
existing game.

Vegan: http://goo.gl/hebEb%20target=
Games: http://www.yapcna.org/yn2013/wiki?node=GameNight

Saturday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday nights
Of course activities will be happening these nights too. These events
usually get announced on the mailing list.