Can we please get a moderator for this list?

Mike South msouth at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 08:26:36 PDT 2013

I overheard in the hackathon room that there may be a plan to have a
yapc-announce list for the next conference, that would just be for
announcements at the conference.  In my opinion, that is probably the best
way to resolve this.  I know how to use "mute" on gmail if I want to stop
hearing about a particular thread, and I am happy to see the "hallway"
continue on the list.  Since I know how to use "mute" and stuff.

But for, say, a vendor, recruiter, or someone only interested in fully
on-topic stuff, which seems like it might be a large subset of the
attending population, an announce-only list would probably be a good idea.
 Then we could have the TSA/coffee/coc kerfuffle/etc drama on this list,
and be able to pay attention to that rather than the unsubscribe drama.

The unsubscribe drama is what we in math would call a removable
singularity, while things like the coc kerfuffle are more of an essential
singularity.

mike