[SPAM:###] Re: Amazing coffee for YAPC::NA peeps

Len Jaffe lenjaffe at jaffesystems.com
Thu Jun 6 15:32:27 PDT 2013

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 6:19 PM, Josh Cox <uberthoth at gmail.com> wrote:

> Let me point out the proper place to unsubscribe yourself:

I believe you've missed the point.

> Furthermore, the CoC you mention does not forbid people to mention
> their business to others:
>
> http://www.yapcna.org/yn2013/code-of-conduct.html
>
> on the list or not.  And I also heard much discussion of how the CoC
> has been inappropriate in and of itself. People brandishing it like a
> weapon certainly is not helping matters.

I mention the CoC, not for a reading of chapter and verse, but for the fact
that we have a code of conduct, so you should be thinking about your
conduct, and in spite of having the idea that we should treat each other
well, we have a sponsor telling an attendee to go die, and other people
more upset about the recipient voicing their displeasure on the list
instead of just unsubscribing.

Why is the outrage not the fact that Duke tole John publicly that he hoped
he'd die?

I'm beginning to feel like Diogones.

L.

--