[SPAM:###] Re: Amazing coffee for YAPC::NA peeps

Josh Cox uberthoth at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 15:19:30 PDT 2013

Let me point out the proper place to unsubscribe yourself:

If anyone has a problem using that link please email me personally I
will assist you with using mailman.

Emailing a mailman list of over 400 people, asking to be unsubscribed,
and expecting someone to actually do this for you is completely
inappropriate behavior.

Encouraging people to start a business that utilizes perl, and
hopefully subsequently expanding that business and hiring perl
developers is pretty much what I would've thought would be a central
tenet of yapc.

Furthermore, the CoC you mention does not forbid people to mention
their business to others:

http://www.yapcna.org/yn2013/code-of-conduct.html

on the list or not.  And I also heard much discussion of how the CoC
has been inappropriate in and of itself. People brandishing it like a
weapon certainly is not helping matters.

I would like to invite everyone on this list to email me personally if
you use perl in your business.  I would love to hear about it.  And I
will certainly consider that when choosing between you and your
competition.  Also, you never know you might even want to hire perl
developers, and I'd be happy to send you a CV.

I'd encourage you to even email the whole list, but after reading this
thread I can understand why you wouldn't.