Amazing coffee for YAPC::NA peeps

Rocco Caputo rcaputo at pobox.com
Thu Jun 6 11:03:34 PDT 2013

On Jun 6, 2013, at 13:37, John Haugeland wrote:

> I would prefer not to receive unsolicited commercial email on a conference mailing list.

> On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 9:45 AM, Jonathan "Duke" Leto <jonathan at leto.net> wrote:
>>
>> I was very proud that BrewPony.com could sponsor YAPC::NA this year. Booyah!
>>
>> My business completely relies on Perl in the middle and backend, and
>> that is why I give back:
>>
>> Promo code: YAPCNA

BrewPony helped subsidize YAPC.  Everyone who consumed YAPC resources also benefitted from their sponsorship.

It might cause less fuss if sponsors printed their promotional materials on dead trees and included those in the conference handouts.  E-swag appears to be too ahead of its time.

> --
> John Haugeland
> Crowdtilt is what I do
> Connect with me on LinkedIn
>
> Check out our recent press!
> <ATT00001.c>

[Link to Crowdtilt elided]
[Link to LinkedIn profile elided]
[Link to press releases elided]

If you're going to hurl UCE stones at sponsors, not plastering them with your own unsolicited advertisements would be a more tasteful approach.

--
Rocco Caputo <rcaputo at pobox.com>