A warning about the conference t-shirts

Nóirín Plunkett noirin at apache.org
Thu Jun 6 10:23:34 PDT 2013

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Jonathan "Duke" Leto <jonathan at leto.net> wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I don't require citations to make me do very slightly inconvenient
> things that completely remove a potential risk that nobody currently
> understands. Especially if that risk is a higher risk of cancer.

I requested a citation for your assertion that some airports were
still using backscatter machines.

I can happily provide citations that assert that opting out does not
"completely remove" a potential risk (there are many potential risks
to air travel, including potential radiation risks), and that
millimeter wave radiation is non-ionising and non-genotoxic.

> And Nóirín : If you can tell me the governing equations, which take
> into account the electromagnetic force in full detail, I might give
> you a reference ;)

They're the microscopic Maxwell equations. I've taught them at
undergraduate level, and if you think they can be explained in full
detail in an email, or taught over a beer, you clearly have
significantly more free time than I have.