A warning about the conference t-shirts

Nóirín Plunkett noirin at apache.org
Thu Jun 6 09:36:43 PDT 2013

I completely agree with you on the opting out, but if you think the
TSA scanners are blasting cancerous radiation anywhere, you're
misinformed, the TSA are increasingly being trained to rebut that
misinformation, and the end result is that fewer people will opt out
if they're opting out based on that misinformation.

The TSA no longer uses backscatter machines anywhere, and while the
millimeter wave scanners do use "radiation", it's non-ionising,
non-genotoxic, and just not carcinogenic.

You can study all the equations you like, but if you're making things
up about the type of technology they're using, it doesn't really
matter what the equations say.

Noirin