How to get a cab in Austin, easy mode

Justin Wheeler justin.wheeler at grantstreet.com
Wed Jun 5 06:58:25 PDT 2013

When you set up your Google account you specify your country. I believe
they use that to hide things from the market.

That said, as a Canadian I've had good luck side-loading apps that are
supposed to be US only and using them in the US or through a US VPN in
Canada.

Justin
On 5 Jun 2013 08:12, "john saylor" <johns at or8.net> wrote:

> **
> On Tue, 04 Jun 2013 21:59:45 -0400, Renato Santos <renato.cron at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> If you are from another country, you cannot install it!
>

> this is interesting to me. i am one of the few without a 'smart' phone, so
> maybe you can explain some things to me.
>
> is it the operating system that prevents it?
> is it some kinda guardian process?
> and there must be some setting that the phone keeps to identify the
> country, right?
> and this setting must also be protected in some way, i'd guess ...
>
> this is a technology conference, right?
>
> --
> \js

This e-mail and any attachments may contain information that is
confidential, proprietary and protected by electronic communications
privacy laws. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not retain,
copy, use, or otherwise disclose the information contained in this message.
Instead, please delete it and notify the sender.