earlier interruption of Lightning Talks! Test::CT

Renato Santos renato.cron at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 22:34:25 PDT 2013

Hello perl guys!

I speak english very bad, so I'll not enter in the middle of the light
talks to say this!

I'm writing Test::CT here in YAPC. If you like tests, you may want think
with me the best way to expand this module!

O objetivo do modulo, por enquanto, é criar um meio de ter mais testes
unitarios pequenos, criar testes de negocios usandos os resultados dos
testes unitários, ser um pouco mais rapido que os testes e ainda documentar
as entradas/saidas.

The aim of the module, for now, is:

   -     to create a way to have more small tests unitary,
   -     then use they to create businesses tests (reusing the result of
   unit testing),
   -     be a little faster than the current tests models,
   -     and further write a "documentation" with the inputs / outputs of
   the tests.

This makes more sense when if I tell the main use case of it!

That is what I do most during my work! And this is Catalyst+APIs, where I
need the data sent and received from POST / GET / PUT / DELETE.

So because I create several tests using Catalyst::Test, things start
slowly, even in i7+ssd config, with running tests in parallel, there's
wasting time there.

Then, in the same way as Test::Aggregate::Nested, Test::CT aggregate tests
in (for now, only one) file, creating a all-things.t testing file.

This is already working, but just do not have anything useful yet, but you
can read more here:

https://github.com/renatoaware/Test-CT

Probably I will have a version for write the jsons of Swagger working until
end of the year (maybe before, maybe i forget about it).

Again, i'm @ yapc, I'll enjoy if you find me and discuss the idea!

Thanks!

--
Saravá,