I'm going to YAPC

Reverend Chip rev.chip at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 13:57:58 PDT 2013

On 5/31/2013 11:03 AM, gizmo mathboy wrote:
> On 05/31/2013 01:44 PM, Jonathan "Duke" Leto wrote:
>> Howdy,
>>
>> All of this trolling will be much more fun in person, with beverages.
>>
>> I hope y'all are ready.
>>

> I might actually pay to see a livestreaming of this event since I won't
> be going to YAPC::NA this year.

I don't know what bandwidth will allow - shared wifi at YAPC tends to be
usable but spotty.  I would like to have a Google video hangout (oh, I'm
sorry, "video call") going, allowing offsite participation and/or
recording when shit Goes Down.  The real obstacle is the inability to
plan ahead.  People have lives!  But frankly I want to record
discussions just so we don't forget any good ideas that get yelled out
amongst the general taunting and fetching of la vache.

With a warning that none of this might end up live, but only on Youtube
later, I have these suggestions if you want to watch nerdfights:

  1. Watch this mailing list.
  2. Keep an eye on #yapc.
  3. Install the Google Video Chat plugin in your browser of choice.
For iOS, the G+ app will do.  Might not need it, but you do NOT want to
be installing plugins at the last minute.  The max user count like 20 so
you may end up watching YouTube read-only instead; sorry, but hey, 20 is
pretty good.