Hula Hut Is Sold out (mostly)

Tim Lord timothylord at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 07:57:13 PDT 2013

If anyone's interested, I recommend the reasonable, vegetarian (many vegan
options, too) Mother's Cafe & Garden, http://www.motherscafeaustin.com/,
4215 Duval. It's a (short) drive, or a quite long walk, from the conf.
area, but carpooling would get people there.

This is one of the first restaurants anyone took me to in Austin, about 20
years ago, and I've done the same for many others.

If a few people want to eat there as a group, I'd be happy to make a
reservation (or, if they don't take reservations, at least try to
coordinate a time) -- email me off-list might be the smartest way, and I
promise to write back if there's enough interest. (Probably need some
critical mass to make that worthwhile ... 5 or 6 would suffice.)  If there
aren't that many people interested, there really are a lot of places right
near the conference to wander to. Kismet Cafe is middle-eastern food and
open late, a few minutes up the street, Thai Spice has a reasonable /
shareable / good enough to enjoy giant sushi boat option, even closer
(approx 21st and Guadalupe), etc. Veggie Heaven may be overstating the case
in their name, but hopefully they still have excellent honey lemonade.

Tim