Perl of Christmas Past

YAPC NA admin at yapcna.org
Sun Feb 24 19:48:29 PST 2013

http://blog.yapcna.org/post/43956265472/perl-of-christmas-past

The attendees of the opening keynote of this years YAPC::NA will be
treated to a visitation:

“being now a thing with one arm, now with one leg, now with twenty
legs, now a pair of legs without a head, now a head without a body: of
which dissolving parts, no outline would be visible in the dense gloom
wherein they melted away.”

This vagrant spirit will take us along a journey of Perl’s past, with
visitations into history powered by legend and illusion.

Perl is twenty-five years old, and though many of us will know the
history and elements of its illustrious evolution, few will have had
it delivered as a monologue with the style associated with a
moderately-crazed Brit from the wilds of Lancashire.

Mark Keating will take us on a journey through the “Time Vortex” to
Perl’s humble beginnings and discuss the whole “Wibbly Wobbly” miasma
that is the world of Perl. But this is a social event, and we are
social people so there will be an element of the people on display and
with luck a few Perl tales you may find new.

Join us for the first haunting and learn how we all got to be where we are now.

You can register here to let us know you’ll be coming:
http://www.yapcna.org/yn2013/main