Reposting messages to YAPC mailing list

Todd Rinaldo todd at rinaldo.us
Wed Feb 20 22:15:56 PST 2013

Some of the posts we've been making for YAPC didn't go through due to
some technical issues with mailman. I'm going to aggregate them here
to go easy on everyone's inbox.

You can also view these and future posts here:
http://blog.yapcna.org/, or follow us on Facebook or Twitter

---

YAPC::NA 2013 will be held in the “Live Music Capital of the World”,
Austin, Texas, from June 3rd through June 5th.

The conference theme is “25 Years of Perl”. Come celebrate Perl’s
silver year with all your favorite members of the Perl community.

http://www.yapcna.org

Registration and talk submissions have been switched on. We’ll be
posting more about this very soon.

Talk to you soon,

YAPC::NA Team

Jan 23, 2013

---

Idea Collector

Continuing with the tradition started last year, we’ve set up a site
specifically for you to submit and vote on ideas for YAPC::NA 2013.
Whether it be ideas for about speakers you’d like to come see present,
or the subject of talks you’d like to see, or maybe a social activity
you’d like to participate in. Any idea is welcome. And then everyone
can vote on those ideas so that the most popular ideas will float to
the top.

Jan 25, 2013

---

Code of Conduct

At this year’s YAPC::NA, we hope it’s everything you’re expecting, and
more! When we say more, we mean good things, so we’re going to cover
some basics regarding conduct. You know these, and we’re sure you’ll
have no problem respecting them, so here’s just a small run through.

One of the great things about the Perl Community is the diversity it
incorporates. We know every sponsor, volunteer, speaker, attendee, and
vendor will be welcoming to everyone.  No one will exclude anyone
based on gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, religion,
preferred operating system, programming language, or text editor.

A few things to keep in mind; be considerate, respectful,
collaborative, mindful of your surroundings, and of your fellow
participants. This includes refraining from demeaning, discriminatory,
or harassing behavior and speech. If any of this is occurring, or
someone needs help, please don’t hesitate to tell conference
organizers.

Sometimes, things don’t always stay inside the lines. Things like
harassment, being abusive, discriminatory, using derogatory language,
or not respecting the general public at various venues could lead to
expulsion. No one wants that! If you are ever on the receiving end,
let Will Braswell, YAPC::NA Director, know right away (+1
512-655-9272).

This is a big year for Perl; 25 years! Celebrate in a big way, but
remember to keep your conduct on point so everyone has just as great
of an experience!

Feb 15, 2013
---

YAPC Payment is open. $80 for early birds!

In keeping with the YAPC tradition of an accessible grassroots
conference, the ticket price remains just $100 ($80 for registrations
made before May 1st 2013).

Feb 19, 2013

---

Call for speakers for YAPC::NA::2013 in Austin

The call for speakers has already opened for YAPC::NA in Austin this
year. We’ve already received some really great talk submissions, but
we want more! Have a great idea for a new talk but don’t think you can
give it? head on over tohttp://ideas.yapcna.org and let us know what
you’d like to see.

The deadline for talk submissions is March 15th.

Feb 20, 2013