Book People

Greg Meece GMeece at algebraixdata.com
Mon Apr 22 09:09:51 PDT 2013

Whole Foods only does the ice skating rink around the winter holidays. Book People is a great bookstore, but the last time I visited they had greatly reduced their technical section. That is very disappointing, but also understandable.

Disclosure: I worked for Whole Foods Market corporate for 5 years. The first 2+ years, we shared the same building as Book People and "we" had ownership of the room they use for book signing (my office was mere feet away from this conference room). When BP needed the room, Whole Foods would close off their doors and BP would open theirs. I had to clear out of my office one day when guys with earpieces shooed us out of there - Hilary Clinton was doing a book signing.

P.S. the Whole Foods gig was where I really used Perl for the first time. I kinda fell in love. It's still my go-to scripting language and will almost never do a shell script if I can use Perl instead.

Greg Meece
Quality Assurance Engineering Lead
Algebraix Data Corporation
9601 Amberglen Blvd, Suite G-119
Austin, TX 78729
v: (512) 651-5834
f: (512) 651-5844
gmeece at algebraixdata.com

This e-mail message and all attachments may contain private, confidential and privileged information for the sole use of its intended recipients. Any review, copying or distribution of this information by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copies of this message and all attachments.