Hotel room pricing (Was: Re: Dorm room pricing?)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Apr 11 13:13:19 PDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 09:07:50PM +0200, Tobias Leich wrote:
> I'm not sure if I make a mistake or not, but I booked a room for less
> then 60USD right now...
>
> Here: http://www.qualityinn.com/ires/en-US/html/RoomAvailability?hotel=TX787
> Found it via: http://www.choicehotels.com/
>
> Cheers, Tobias
>
> PS: and please tell me if I should cancel it because it is a fake and
> one has to sleep under a tunnel or so...

It's not a fake, but it's gotten some mixed reviews [1] (thus the $60/night)
and it's 3.1mi away from the conference venue so you might need to take
a bus or something.  The hotel is on the opposite side of IH-35 and US-290,
so I don't know how feasible walking will be.  Google says it's
over an hour walk (which might not be desirable in June in Texas).

[1] http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g30196-d220106-Reviews-Quality_Inn_North_Austin-Austin_Texas.html

Perhaps some Austin-folks can comment on the bus system there;
I've not ever had an occasion to use it.

Pm