Hotel room pricing (Was: Re: Dorm room pricing?)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Apr 11 10:02:59 PDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 11:11:36AM -0400, Uri Guttman wrote:
> On 04/11/2013 08:50 AM, Daniel Wright wrote:
> >Nope.   According to the contract, that rate should be valid for any number of nights between 5/31/13 and 6/8/13.   If you are booking on a date outside of that range, they may charge you standard rack rate.
> >

> i did the same for sun-sat. spoke to the hotel and also hilton
> reservations and no prepay or $119 deal was found. i still would
> like to see what page or something that matthew wilson saw with that
> deal.

This past weekend I did see the $119 rate available, but it was through
the standard "best available / advance purchase" rate and not through
the group code.  "Best available rate" was $139, advance purchase was $119.

It appears to me that Doubletree has now sold out of their $119-level
advance purchase rooms; when I looked for a reservation just now I see
that their best available (cancellable) rate is $159, advance purchase
(no cancellation) is $139, and the conference rate (cancellable) is $139.

HTH,

Pm