[yapc] arrival dinner (yet again!)

Uri Guttman uri at stemsystems.com
Sun May 27 23:21:42 PDT 2012

hi all,

hopefully a bunch of you just signed up to the mailing list. if you
didn't sign up then do so and you will get this email. d'oh, that
doesn't work, does it! well, if you are in some other perl or pm list
and know some yapc attendees that haven't signed up to that list, tell
them to do so! then they can be part of the yapc community and discuss
beers of madison or what games they want to play. ain't no other place
to do that but this list (and the wiki).

anyhow, on to the main topic. we have 24 signed up for the arrival
dinner. i personally know at least 20 others who will come to that but
haven't signed up yet. do so now. we need a proper head count for the
food order. as usual they will be able to handle some walkin extras but
you shouldn't be one of them if you know you will attend. so be nice, do
the right thing and go to
http://act.yapcna.org/2012/wiki?node=Arrival%20Dinner and add your name
to the bottom of the list (hi al! :).

if you think you can't afford the $30 write to me privately and i will
help arrange a scholarship for you. we will have anywhere from 5-10 of
these available.

remember, this is the first event in the hallway++ track where veteran
yapc folks will be reaching out and touching ^W oops, i mean talking to
yapc newbies. letting them know that we are all just perl hackers
regardless of anything else and that is what brings us together. as i
keep hearing, yapc is by far the most fun and social conference of any
you may ever attend. it is also the least expensive. this is because we
all do our part and help out. this includes talking to anyone about perl
(and beer!) and signing up to events like the arrival dinner.

enough for now until the next spam! :)

thanx,