[yapc] Beer here! (was: Missing subscribers)

Matt S Trout mst at shadowcatsystems.co.uk
Fri May 25 14:21:25 PDT 2012

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 04:11:32PM -0500, Andy Bach wrote:
> On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 3:54 PM, James E Keenan <jkeen at verizon.net> wrote:
> > I hope we can now turn our discussion of where to find the best beer in
> > Madison.
>
> An easy one at last!  Everywhere. We like beer here in WI, from  Point
> ("it's not just for breakfast!") to Lake Louie (on the greasy banks of
> the Wisconsin River) to Milwaukee's Cream City (named for the creamy
> colored bricks made there), we got more brewery's than you can shake a
> stick at, if that's your idea of a good time.  In Madison, the Capital
> brewery and Ale Asylum are bit of a walk from the conference location
> but fortunately they sell their stuff all up and down State st.  The
> Great Dane Brew Pub isn't too far, though personally, I think their
> beer is just okay, mostly.  Good pool tables and food though.

Whack 'em onto an HWPPBars node on the wiki for me, please?

A nearby brew pub that's good enough and has pool tables we can talk around
would be a great mingling point, and we could always walk further away after
getting good there.

http://shadowcat.co.uk/blog/matt-s-trout/   http://twitter.com/shadowcat_mst/

Email me now on mst (at) shadowcat.co.uk and let's chat about how our Catalyst