[yapc] Missing subcribers

Ricardo Signes perl.yapc at rjbs.manxome.org
Fri May 25 12:35:35 PDT 2012

* Matt S Trout <mst at shadowcatsystems.co.uk> [2012-05-25T15:15:41]
> "How is that even remotely possible? You have nothing to do with running this
> show. Why would anybody ask you?"
>
> So instead, now we have a mess on the list of a bunch of the people in the
> wider community on whose behalf I was trying to get things fixed quietly
> without public drama speaking up to back up the point I'm trying to make.
>
> This is not an improvement, but if the organizers won't believe me when I
> say "I'm mst and people talk to me" then the only other option is to leave
> things broken, and I'm no good at leaving things broken that I think can
> still be fixed.

I occasionally get complaints that come with the rider, "It isn't just me, a
lot of other people whom I cannot name also feel this way very strongly, and
they are very upset."

Crediting these unnamed complaints is a very tricky proposition.

I hope that the message that any other readers of this thread take away is that
complaints should always go to the people responsible for making changes.  Matt
and other people who have a high profile are not always going to be able to
proxy for you, and frankly, nor should they always be able to.

Heck, write the list.  Then others will feel inspired to say, "Yeah, this
surprised/upset/delighted me, too."  ;)

--
rjbs