[yapc] Missing subcribers

Chris Nehren c.nehren/yapc at shadowcat.co.uk
Fri May 25 11:36:41 PDT 2012

[top-posting considered harmful; please quote in context]

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 14:17:03 -0400 , Bradley Andersen wrote:
> This thread is _not_ spam?

Then you don't have to read it. I'm sure your MUA has an option to
automatically mark messages as read. Even the Google Web UI can do that.

> J.T. is doing a fine job. [...]

[Two paragraphs of ad hominem snipped. Let's keep it civil and
fact-based, please; this *is* a discussion for a technical event, after
all]

That's your opinion, and you are perfectly entitled to it. I do not see
anywhere in this thread where mst or uri are saying JT is doing a
horrible job altogether. This is merely a *suggestion* of how to reach
more people and thus have an *even better* conference. It's meta, for
sure, but by no means spam.

Of course, the people making this argument are also rather opinionated
and about as blunt as the side of a barn. Their approach has its merits
and its drawbacks, for sure, but it doesn't warrant ad hominem.

> PS: Fire away!

This is neither welcome nor desired, and in saying things like this you
lower yourself to the level where you imagine Matt to be.

--
Chris Nehren           | Coder, Sysadmin, Masochist
Shadowcat Systems Ltd. | http://shadowcat.co.uk/