[yapc] YAPC Game Night

Chris Nehren c.nehren/yapc at shadowcat.co.uk
Fri May 18 11:09:48 PDT 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 11:06:12 -0500 , JT Smith wrote:
> > Where can I see a list of things people have volunteered to run?
> > Additionally, is there a page where I can submit things I'd like to
> > run? Other than the blog post I know very little about what's going
> > on. I would be interested in running a Pathfinder module (We Be
> > Goblins!, for those familiar / curious) but without a list of who's
> > running what I doubt I'll have enough people to do so.
>
> I created a wiki page for it: http://act.yapcna.org/2012/wiki?node=Game%20Night
>
> And I'll make a blog post about the wiki page next week. Thanks for
> reminding me to do that.

Excellent, thanks! For those who are interested, I have added an entry
for the Pathfinder module to that page. Please respond to me at this
address if you're interested in playing. It'll probably be three or so
hours worth of gametime after some prepwork in terms of selecting pregen
characters and the like. If you don't want to play a pregen, let me know
and we can work something out.

For those not familiar with Pathfinder, it's an evolution of the D&D 3.5
rules with some patches and bugs cleaned up (grappling, for example, is
now much simpler). It's not a reimagining of the rules like 4E and is
largely compatible with all the existing 3.5 material. I'm quite fond of
it, and will be talking about a CLI app I wrote to help run RPGs
(starting with Pathfinder) at YAPC as well.

--
Chris Nehren           | Coder, Sysadmin, Masochist
Shadowcat Systems Ltd. | http://shadowcat.co.uk/