[yapc] YAPC Game Night

Chris Nehren c.nehren/yapc at shadowcat.co.uk
Fri May 18 08:50:21 PDT 2012

On May 14, 2012, at 16:00, YAPC::NA Director wrote:

> As many of you know, cPanel is sponsoring a game night at YAPC::NA 2012 with food and drinks for all.
>
> To ensure that everyone has something to play The Perl Foundation, LiquidWeb, and The Game Crafter have teamed up to make custom Perl & YAPC themed playing cards that will be yours to take home as a keepsake of the event. The Game Crafter will also be providing a small amount of mini-poker chips in case any of you wish to start an impromptu poker tournament.
>
> All that said, we’d like to encourage you to bring your own games for YAPC Game Night. We know some people will be running the Pathfinder Role Playing Game. Others have said they’d like to do a LAN party perhaps playing Diablo III, Team Fortress 2, Left4Dead 2, or Portal 2. And others still have brought up the idea of various board games like Settlers of Catan, Apples to Apples, Carcassonne, Trivial Pursuit, Pandemic, Bang!, and more. Whatever your flavor, bring a game to YAPC!

Where can I see a list of things people have volunteered to run? Additionally, is there a page where I can submit things I'd like to run? Other than the blog post I know very little about what's going on. I would be interested in running a Pathfinder module (We Be Goblins!, for those familiar / curious) but without a list of who's running what I doubt I'll have enough people to do so.

--
Thanks and best regards,
Chris Nehren