[yapc] Deploying Perl Web Applications

YAPC::NA Director admin at yapcna.org
Fri May 11 01:00:03 PDT 2012

Cory Watson will give a talk at YAPC::NA_2012 described as:Â
     Perl web applications have been running for a really long time.
     Â What started as CGI scripts has evolved into frameworks and
     middleware with JavaScript frontends. Perl itself has evolved with
     Perl 5 barreling along. Â Our modern applications also use lots of
     modules from CPAN. Â How can we use all this new, awesome stuff
     without making for a deployment nightmare? In recent client work
     weve tackled this problem and weve come up with a pretty good
     solution. Â
     In this talk well take the journey from concept to deployment. Well
     discuss the advantages, limitations and lingering problems. Â Well
     cover local::lib, cpanm, Dist::Zilla, carton, pinto and how much I
     hate all of them. Well culminate with a self-contained, repeatable,
     upgradeable Perl application and only a few unsolved gotchas.
[From the YAPC::NA_Blog.]