[yapc] Introduction to writing Perl Documentation

YAPC::NA Director admin at yapcna.org
Wed Mar 28 01:00:02 PDT 2012

Mark A. Stratman will give a talk at YAPC::NA_2012 described as:
     This talk will help get you in the mindset necessary to write
     effective documentation.
     We will briefly touch on POD (Plain Old Documentation) syntax, but
     due to its elegant simplicity we can quickly move on to examine the
     bigger picture, and explore the decisions we face when writing
     documentation.
     Some key points will include:
     - Conventions and expectations
     - APIs, Tutorials, Manuals, and Cookbooks… and how and when to use
     them.
     - Writing POD to take full advantage of formatters (e.g. Pod::LaTeX,
     Pod::HTML)
     - Inviting community contributions
[From the YAPC::NA_Blog.]