[yapc] All Talks Welcome

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Wed Mar 14 12:58:18 PDT 2012

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 3:08 PM, Chris Nehren <c.nehren at shadowcat.co.uk> wrote:
> Comparing YAPC to The Perl Conference^W^W^WOSCON is rather silly in many respects. OSCON is a much, much larger conference, with far more submissions. OSCON is run by paid professionals whose job is to run OSCON. They have sponsors giving dollar amounts that would cover an entire YAPC (several YAPCs, in fact, if you use the 2008 prospectus as a guide). It's just a totally different scale of event.

Since it's the other US conference that YAPC::NA speakers are most
likely to be submitting talks to, it seems highly relevant to me.

The CFP went out at the beginning of January and I saw it about 20
times on different mailing lists, blogs, and Perl news sources.  The
organizers did a good job promoting it, and gave plenty of advance
notice.  I don't care whether the deadline is extended or not, but the
criticism of JT is unfounded.

- Perrin