[yapc] All Talks Welcome

Chris Nehren c.nehren/yapc at shadowcat.co.uk
Tue Mar 13 14:47:59 PDT 2012

On Mar 4, 2012, at 18:13, JT Smith wrote:

> Why? If it takes you more than two weeks to write a paragraph or two about what you're speaking about, it doesn't seem to me that you'll be able to get it done if I give you four weeks.

Just now on #yapc (which has remarkably little organizer presence, mind):
17:36:21 *** kthakore ~kthakore at li136-101.members.linode.com has joined #yapc
17:36:28 <kthakore> hallo!
17:36:46 <kthakore> Are there any openings for giving talks at yapc::na?
17:38:18 <apeiron> yes.
17:38:52 <kthakore> And where would I submit this?
17:39:23 <apeiron> register on act.yapcna.org
17:39:33 <kthakore> ah
17:39:42 <kthakore> cannot find this link in the blog posts done
17:39:47 <kthakore> thank you much apeiron
17:39:53 <apeiron> then go to http://act.yapcna.org/2012/newtalk

This is why. This, here, this is precisely why. kthakore only just found out *today* where to submit a talk. If you're not familiar with his work, he pretty much singlehandedly turned the SDL project around from stagnation into awesomeness. I would certainly (and did!*) accept a talk he submitted to YAPC. With such a stringent deadline you're going to be missing submissions from people like him. ... and also schwern, from the sound of it.

* having also twisted his arm into actually submitting in the first place and offered hosting for a demo he wanted to do, but I digress