I’m excited to tell you that Larry Wall, the creator of...

YAPC::NA Director admin at yapcna.org
Mon Mar 12 01:00:03 PDT 2012

[http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m06kxhKbRR1qm5pt2o1_250.jpg]

I’m excited to tell you that Larry Wall, the creator of Perl, will be joining
us at YAPC::NA_2012. We’re going to be doing a number of things with Larry
this year, but I want to tell you about the first two.
As many of you know we’ve replaced the auction with a raffle. Larry is one of
the things we’re raffling off! More specifically, we’re raffling “Lunch
with Larry”. Who wouldn’t want to have lunch with this guy? When you buy a
ticket for the Lunch with Larry raffle you’ll have 9 opportunities to win!
We’ll choose 3 people, each of the 3 days, to go have a bite with Larry and
talk about whatever you like.
We’re also going to have a little fire-side chat with Larry at the end of the
conference. We’re calling this “One On One With The Great One”. It will
basically be an open forum for Larry to address the entire crowd, and for you
to ask him some of your most pressing questions.
[From the YAPC::NA_Blog.]