[yapc] Test Automation Workshop
admin at yapcna.org
Wed Mar 7 01:00:03 PST 2012
Gabor_Szabo will run a Test Automation Training Workshop at YAPC::NA_2012.Â The
workshop will be for the two days prior to the conference (Monday and Tuesday
June 11 and 12).
Gabor Szabo will run a Test Automation Training Workshop.
The 2 days class will include both lectures and hands on exercises. Therefore
the participants are requested to bring their own notebook machine to be able
to enjoy the whole course.
The assumption is that people are familiar with Perl but have little or no
experience in writing tests in Perl.
In the first 3/4 of the course weâll learn about the testing framework
available in Perl (TAP and the Test::* modules). In last 1/4 we are going to
learn about various tools to interact with external system (e.g. Databases, Web
applications, Networking devices, CLI).
After the course the participants will be able to write test for their
applications. They will be able to setup a simple smoke testing
environment to run regression tests, collect the results,
and create nice reports.
During the class weâll be talking about unit, integration,
system and even acceptance testing with both white- and
black-box testing in mind.
It will come in four parts:
* Introduction to testing, why, when, who and howÂ ?
* Understanding the basic tasks of the QA engineer
* Introduction to TAP - the Test Anything Protocol
* Testing tools in Perl for testing Perl Modules (Test::Simple, Test::More)
* Common reporting framework (Test::Harness)
* Extending the testing framework (Test::Builder)
* Other testing modules including Test::Most, Test::Deep
* More from Test::* (e.g. Test::Warn, Test::Exception)
* Setting up continuous integration (smoke testing)
* Report integration with Smolder
* Command Line Interface (CLI) applications
* Testing network devices
* Testing Web application
* Examples for database testing
If time permits weâll also cover:
* Testing file-systems
* Microsoft Windows GUI applications
[From the YAPC::NA_Blog.]
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the yapc