[yapc] Why is new registration required?

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Fri Mar 2 05:18:16 PST 2012

When I went to register for YAPC::NA::2012 last night, I first attempted
to login with the username and password I have used at all Perl
conferences since we started using ACT (2003?).  The login was
repeatedly rejected.  (I know I had the correct username and password
because I've recently been using them for the DC-Baltimore Perl Workshop.)

So I had no choice but to create a new user (via responding to a link in
an email sent by the registration system).  So now I have two identical
usernames for Perl conferences but different passwords.

Does anyone know why this is so?

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan