[yapc] Where2GetIt is Hiring

YAPC::NA Director admin at yapcna.org
Wed Jun 13 05:00:06 PDT 2012

Director of Technology Operations

You are currently a perl and/or javascript developer. You are looking for your
next move up the ladder. Youd like to continue doing some Perl development.
This position has your name on it. The Director of Technical Operations is
responsible for managing the daily technical operations of Perl application
development including integrating offshore development activities, managing
code deployments, and coordinating and improving all operational tasks
performed including (and not limited to) daily cron jobs, client file
processing, and log processing (all done in perl).

Where2GetIt is a fast paced Internet organization in the middle of the hottest
Internet growth areas, location based services. Our continued growth and
success is dependent upon highly motivated and highly skilled individuals. If
you want to join a team of like minded people, this is the place for you. With
hundreds of brand name clients around the world, we help consumers find our
clients products (either online or offline). This position will have the
opportunity to dip its toes into all aspects of the consumer experience. From
front end AJAX, mobile applications (iPhone, Android), to social integration,
to the spatial databases youll be busy learning about the latest technologies
in the LBS world. Our office is located 1 block from the NW Metra line in
downtown Arlington Heights, IL which means there are lots of great eating
places and some good pubs too.

Weve been in business 15 years so we are extremely stable and not dependent
upon VC funding. Well continue to grow as we re-invent ourselves to meet the
needs of our clients.
For more information please visit:Â http://careers.stackoverflow.com/jobs/
20812/director-technical-operations-where2getit
[From the YAPC::NA_Blog.]