[yapc] walking route to moe's

Jon Miner miner at doit.wisc.edu
Mon Jun 11 21:33:12 PDT 2012

On Jun 11, 2012, at 23:10, Uri Guttman <uri at stemsystems.com> wrote:
> was there a problem just reading the link? it was a perfectly readable google url. who needs human oriented translations anyhow? what if you get wet when you hit the state house? what if you hit the state house too hard? you need more details in your translation. also you coded with gotos which is evil. rewrite that with properly structured flow control. this is a perl conference, not fortran!

Well, when I clicked it it was still driving directions, and I was feeling silly.

Good point on the goto.  Then again, sometimes there are situations where goto really is the best and simplest solution, despite it's being considered harmful.  I'd be hard pressed to code around it without getting overly complicated.

I did resist the urge to paraphrase Firesign Theater and make a "ouch my nose!" style joke about hitting the Capitol.  Not sure why.

See you tomorrow at dinner.  :)

jon

--
Jon Miner

Reason #6 to quit your job and move to Key West:  Everybody stares at me when I drink margaritas at meetings.
 - Quit Your Job And Move To Key West: The Complete Guide