[yapc] Things To Bring To YAPC
admin at yapcna.org
Wed Jun 6 01:00:03 PDT 2012
Many of you are packing right now, or will be packing shortly to come to YAPC::
NA_2012. Heres a list of things that you might want to bring with you to YAPC:
* Games - cPanel is sponsoring a game night at YAPC, so whether you want to
play some cards, board games, role-playing games, or LAN games, youll
need to bring your favorite games with you.Â
* Geek Shirts - Theres no better time to show off your geektitude than at
a conference. Pack your absolute best/coolest geek t-shirts for YAPC.
* Power Cable - Dont forget to bring a way to recharge your devices. And
if you happen to be from a country other than the United States, be sure
to bring a power adapter to convert our power to yours.
* VGA Adapter - You never know when you might want to do an impromptu talk.
All the projectors at YAPC operate at 1024x768 and use a VGA input.
Speakers, this is especially important for you!
* USB Stick - While WiFi will be ubiquitous at YAPC, few things work better
than sneaker net.Â
* Business Cards - Yes theyre a bit old-fashioned, but they still work
great. If you have them, bring them. You never know when you might want
to hand one out.
* Travel Arrangements - Make sure you keep a paper copy, or downloaded copy
of your hotel, parking, airline, train, or bus tickets and itinerary with
you just in case.
* Grooming Supplies - There are few things worse than body odor in a room
full of 400 people. Keep it clean!
* Government Issued ID - Most places will check your ID before letting you
order a drink.
* Cash - Bring a small amount of US Currency or at least a card to get it
from an ATM. Most places take credit cards, but not all. Plus youll need
cash to buy raffle tickets!
* Camera - If you dont take pictures, then it never happened. If youve
got a camera or a camera phone bring it! And when you upload those photos
to the net, tag them with #yapcna2012
There are also a couple of things you can leave behind:
* Your Badge Receipt - Dont worry about bringing a printout of your badge
purchase. We have those records and your badge will be waiting for you at
the YAPC registration desk in the Lowell Center (610 Langdon St).Â
* Bad Attitude - We want everyone to have a good time, and were working
hard to provide an open_and_respectful_environment. If youve got a chip
on your shoulder, leave it at home.
To a lot of you this stuff will be old hat, but weve also got a lot of people
coming this year that have never been to a conference, so it never hurts to
have a refresher.Â
[From the YAPC::NA_Blog.]
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the yapc