[yapc] YAPC::NA 2012's Legacy for the Perl Community
admin at yapcna.org
Sun Jun 3 09:00:02 PDT 2012
Since were only a little over a week away from YAPC::NA_2012, our team thought
it might be useful to reflect on what we plan to leave behind for the Perl
community. We think were leaving a strong legacy:
* First and foremost, we hope we deliver a spectacular conference that
attendees remember fondly for years to come.
* Were leaving behind a wealth of infrastructure for the next YAPC
* We should be creating a_new_generation_of_Perl_developers through our
training programs before, during, and after the conference.
* When the final totals are tallied, we should be able to give a good sized
sum of money to The Perl Foundation to be earmarked for the Perl_5_Core
Maintenance_FundÂ and CPAN_Testers.
* Well leave behind nearly 100 hours of video presentations that will be
professionally captured by our streaming team.
* And finally, we hope each new team of organizers will set a new standard
for what a YAPC can look like. We believe we have achieved that goal, and
we hope that every organizer that comes after us amazes us with their
achievements as well.
[From the YAPC::NA_Blog.]
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the yapc