[yapc] I need your help with Perl and the Internet of Things at YAPC::NA

Robert Blackwell robert at robertblackwell.com
Fri Jan 13 05:23:15 PST 2012

> I bought an Arduino a year ago and Martin Berends helped me get  started with it
> programming it in it C-like language but quickly got stuck for two main reasons
> 1) lack of time
> 2) 0, or even negative understanding in electronics - all the physical
> part of it

For reason one I can only try to help get you answers to some problems.  Offer guidance so you don't waste time.

For reason two.
Approaches like  REST on the Arduino
https://github.com/jjg/RESTduino
or
http://www.google.com/search?q=arduino+firmata
Can limit your C++ exposure.

Depending on the project the physical part can be rather simple and good documentation helps.

Don't give up.