[yapc] This is a QR Code. We’re going to use QR Codes a lot at...

Darren Duncan darren at darrenduncan.net
Fri Jan 6 13:08:21 PST 2012

Matt S Trout wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 06, 2012 at 12:19:55PM -0800, Darren Duncan wrote:
>> YAPC::NA Director wrote:
>>> This is a QR Code <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QR_code>. We’re going to
>>> use QR Codes a lot at YAPC::NA 2012 <http://www.yapcna.org/>, so make
>>> sure you have a QR Code reader on your phone before you come to YAPC.
>> I don't have a cellphone and when I got one I was intending to get the
>> cheapo one that just made calls and isn't subsidized.  I do computer stuff
>> with my laptop when traveling. -- Darren Duncan
>
> Thank you for your cogent and relevant contribution to this conversation,
> which I'm sure will have contained substantial utility to every single one
> of the many people subscribed to this mailing list.

Are you meaning to say that to everyone who responded to the QR post and not
just me specifically?

My point is that many people may not have the ability to read QR codes and that
anything important should provide other ways to get the information.  No one
else said this.

> Next, please can everybody who isn't coming to YAPC this year send an email
> giving your reasons why in order to maximise the bandwidth consumed and
> thereby improve perl's chances of future success by speeding IPv6 adoption.

I also never said I wasn't attending.

I might be attending this year, else I wouldn't have said anything.

-- Darren Duncan