[yapc] This is a QR Code. We’re going to use QR Codes a lot at...

Adam Prime adam.prime at utoronto.ca
Fri Jan 6 12:49:00 PST 2012

On 12-01-06 03:24 PM, Walt Mankowski wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 06, 2012 at 12:19:55PM -0800, Darren Duncan wrote:
>>
>> I don't have a cellphone and when I got one I was intending to get
>> the cheapo one that just made calls and isn't subsidized.  I do
>> computer stuff with my laptop when traveling. -- Darren Duncan
>
> Then you can just use your laptop to go to the website and find out
> the same information about attendees and sponsors that way.  This
> ain't rocket science.

I think the point is that the organizers need to be aware that not
everyone has a cellphone, let alone a cellphone that supports reading QR
codes.  So if you are going to *need* to have a QR code reading capable
mobile device to experience the conference to it's fullest, then some
people (myself included) are going to miss out.

I don't really care if you use them or not, just make sure that luddites
like myself can still access everything we need to be able to access,
even if it requires some extra key strokes.

Adam