[yapc] This is a QR Code. We’re going to use QR Codes a lot at...

Chris Nehren c.nehren/yapc at shadowcat.co.uk
Fri Jan 6 07:26:00 PST 2012

On Jan 6, 2012, at 10:16, Jon Miner wrote:

> On 1/6/12 8:07 AM, Zak Zebrowski wrote:
>> Can I opt out of having this on my badge?
>
> Speaking from no authority what-so-ever, but since a QR Code is more or less just a URL, it will presumably be a link to your profile in Act, which could contain whatever you want.  (More or less the same result as if they note your name/username and go to Act.)

Not quite. QR codes can contain text (which can be a URL as you said) or binary data (an image, e.g.). We don't yet know how the YAPC staff plan to use them on our badges, but if it really bothers you, you can just wear another conference's badge (which is what I'll be doing anyway just for laughs).

--
Thanks and best regards,
Chris Nehren