[yapc] Perl and Opendata

YAPC::NA Director admin at yapcna.org
Sun Feb 19 01:00:03 PST 2012

Thiago Rondon will give a talk at YAPC::NA_2012 described as:
     Opendata is the idea that certain data should be freely available to
     everyone to use and republish as they wish, without restrictions from
     copyright, patents or other mechanisms of control.
     In Brasil, we worked last year with some solutions with opendata,
     that government can be transparent and make a good comunication with
     society.
     And the result of this work are three websites that use Catalyst,
     DBIx::Class and a lot modules of CPAN.
     One of this websites is “Where does my money go ?” -  http://
     www.paraondefoiomeudinheiro.com.br/.
     Another one, is about where is crime in one state of Brasil, that
     with a map you can see where it is happy by time. - http://
     www.ondeacontece.com.br/
     At last, one about our representants - http://www.deputando.com.br.
     In this talk, I explain how Perl can be a good language to make nice
     and fast websites with opendata.
[From the YAPC::NA_Blog.]