[yapc] I need your help with Perl and the Internet of Things at YAPC::NA

Scott Walters scott at slowass.net
Thu Feb 2 09:21:39 PST 2012

Hi all,

The Arduino is awesome and I don't want to create an NIH-fueled
schism, but if you did want to do embedded programming in Perl, check
out the Bifferboard:  http://bifferos.co.uk/.  It's a Chinese 486
clone that will run a stock Slackware install (or various other
distros).  You can put something like OpenWRT on the on-board flash or
run full install off of USB storage.  I'll try to remember to bring
one along with me.  Incidentally, one of them got transplanted into a
friend's toaster while she was gone on vacation over April Fool's.
She came home to a joke telling talking toaster that runs Slackware.

Cheers,
-scott