[yapc] YAPC::NA SOLD OUT!!!

Matt S Trout mst at shadowcatsystems.co.uk
Mon Apr 30 11:50:23 PDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 01:36:35PM -0500, JT Smith wrote:
> My guess is that very few care about why, and I'm happy to answer if they do care. I haven't been shy at all about responding to anyone that asks anything. But I will try to do better for getting out "why" as we move forward.

Maybe not a huge number do in every case, but the people who do care, really
do care. And -my- guess is that the people who really care are
disproportionately likely to be on your speaker list.

Of course, both our guesses could be true, or both false, or somewhere
in between, and I don't have any good suggestions about how to validate
them.

> Ok. I'll make a mental note about that for other announcements.

Excellent, thanks.

> > If you go back and update it, I'll be applauding you.
>
> I've updated the original blog post, but that won't update all the various places it's syndicated to.

Of course. But said mental note means that's only going to be a problem
this once, so we can happily file that under "bugfix propagation time" I
think.

Perhaps if we get a significant chunk of extra "why" to add again at some
point (on the basis of "all bug fixes are incomplete, especially those on
human processes") it can go into a followup post; doesn't seem worthwhile
in this case, but an option to be borne in mind depending how much we care
about the syndicated version.

But anyway.

JT++ # cheers

http://shadowcat.co.uk/blog/matt-s-trout/   http://twitter.com/shadowcat_mst/

Email me now on mst (at) shadowcat.co.uk and let's chat about how our Catalyst